WSBA Alternative Dispute Resolution

Promoting Informed Use and Best Practices for ADR in Washington

RESOLUTION

Whereas the Washington Uniform Law Commission has proposed the adoption of the Uniform Collaborative Law Act/ Rules for adoption in the State of Washington; and

Whereas the Commission has requested that various interest groups, the bar, and other interested parties provide any comments, opinions or positions to the Commission relative to the proposed act/rules; and

Whereas the Judiciary Committee of the Washington State Legislature has set a working session on December 2, 2011 at which the Uniform Collaborative Law Act/Rules will be presented for comment; and

Whereas the process of collaborative law is a method of alternative dispute resolution which is currently being used in the State of Washington, serves the interests of the public, and provides a process for resolution of disputes by the parties outside of the litigation process;

Now therefore be it resolved that the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section support passage in the State of Washington of appropriate statutes and/or rules to adopt the provisions of the Uniform Collaborative Law Act/Rules as a process for alternative dispute resolution in all areas of law.

Tags: UCLA/R

Views: 36

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Paul, I'm not sure I am officially a committee member, but if I were I would vote "yes."  Alan Kirtley

Aye.

This is an early form of the resolution and a newer one was discussed and sent to Executive Committee and approved. See that resolution in this discussion here.

RSS

© 2014   Created by WSBA ADR.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service