RESOLUTION

Whereas the Washington Uniform Law Commission has proposed the adoption of the Uniform Collaborative Law Act/ Rules for adoption in the State of Washington; and

Whereas the Commission has requested that various interest groups, the bar, and other interested parties provide any comments, opinions or positions to the Commission relative to the proposed act/rules; and

Whereas the Judiciary Committee of the Washington State Legislature has set a working session on December 2, 2011 at which the Uniform Collaborative Law Act/Rules will be presented for comment; and

Whereas the process of collaborative law is a method of alternative dispute resolution which is currently being used in the State of Washington, serves the interests of the public, and provides a process for resolution of disputes by the parties outside of the litigation process;

Now therefore be it resolved that the Alternative Dispute Resolution Section support passage in the State of Washington of appropriate statutes and/or rules to adopt the provisions of the Uniform Collaborative Law Act/Rules as a process for alternative dispute resolution in all areas of law.

Tags: UCLA/R

Views: 36

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Paul, I'm not sure I am officially a committee member, but if I were I would vote "yes."  Alan Kirtley

Aye.

This is an early form of the resolution and a newer one was discussed and sent to Executive Committee and approved. See that resolution in this discussion here.

RSS

© 2014   Created by WSBA ADR.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service