Thank you to those who submitted comments last month on the then-current draft of AO 2223.  Attached is a revised draft AO 2223 from the WSBA Committee on Professional Ethics.  The comment period is open until January 15, and comments are again requested.

The Committee will hold a listening session on 10:30 a.m., February 22, 2019, at the WSBA.  Details are in the attached Notice to Stakeholders.

Views: 54

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For those who are interested, here's a memo by UW Professor Alan Kirtley on this issue.

Attachments:

UW Alan Kirtley  addresses the issues created by proposed Advisory Opinion 2223 perfectly!

Attached is a draft memo prepared by the KCBA ADR section, following their December program devoted to AO 2223.  You will find, toward the end, three possible responses to the draft rule.  I believe this draft provide much-needed structure as we prepare our comments to the WSBA Committee on Professional Ethics, due by January 15. 

The KCBA ADR section welcomes your feedback as well. 

Many thanks to Professor Kirtley, Donna Lurie, Caroline Davis, and Andrew Lukes for their efforts.

Today is the deadline to submit your comments on the revised draft of AO 2223.  You can email the committee directly at wsbacpe@wsba.org, or send them to me at joanna@rothattorney.com, and I will bundle comments to forward to the CPE committee this afternoon. 

Here is our executive committee resolution.

RSS

Welcome

Welcome to our community of ADR professionals: mediators, arbitrators, and lawyers representing and advising clients.  We are active in the growth and development of ADR in Washington as well as the education of members of the bar and the public.

Latest Activity

M. Elizabeth Steen updated their profile
Jan 30
M. Elizabeth Steen replied to Adrienne Keith Wills's discussion 'Early Mediation Information'
Jan 25
M. Elizabeth Steen posted photos
Jan 23
M. Elizabeth Steen is now a member of WSBA Alternative Dispute Resolution
Jan 23

© 2019   Created by WSBA ADR.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service